any institution, SLADS in order to run
smoothly, is administered in two levels, vis General Administration
and Academic Administration.
SLADS Governing council is the highest decision
making organ in the administrative structure. It is under the
chairmanship of the Director General of the Tanzania library
services Board while the principal is its secretary. Functionary,
the Governing council:
• Considers and approves names of candidates for admission
to different courses offered by SLADS
• Approves curricula and academic regulations;
• Deals with staff matters – i.e. appointments,
discipline, promotions and related matters.
THE PRINCIPAL is the head
of SLADS responsible for daily running of the institution and
is the CHIEF ACADEMIC OFFICER. He /she is an appointee of the
Tanzania library services Board on the recommendations of the
Director General. The principal of SLADS is assisted by the
Deputy Principal-Academics Research and Consultancy (ARC), Dean of students and Heads of Academic Department.
DEPUTY PRINCIPAL-ACADEMICS RESEARCH AND
C0NSULTANCY (ARC) Supervises and coordinates all
academic matters. He /she is appointed by the Director General
of TLSB on recommendations of the principal
His/her duties are:
• To coordinate all academic matters
• To recruit, register and admit students
• To undertake curricular matters regarding examination
setting and security as well as issuance of certificates
• Secretary to the academic committee meetings and any
other duties assigned by the principal.
PRINCIPAL-PLANNING, FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION (PFA)